Friday, September 16, 2011

Taking a break

For the longest time, I have been promising friends, family, and myself that I would commit to blogging. But for some reason I find the months go by, and many things that should have been blogged about have become such old news. Recently however, I believe I have found the problem that keeps me from blogging.

Facebook.

It's evil. Ok maybe not evil. I just feel as though I've outgrown facebook. When I first opened an account, it was right before all my friends from high school were leaving for college and I was moving down to Provo for my first semester at BYU. It started out as such a great way to stay in touch with my best friends and a great way to help make new ones. But as time went on, Facebook began to take on a different role. It became the biggest distraction in the free world and the source of almost all of my procrastination. People started adding me on Facebook just to add me, or to stalk my pictures, or to get to other people. I don't know. All I know is that people were adding me with no intention of ever communicating with me. I shouldn't add these people, but it's another person to look at their pictures and read their statuses and basically take all work out of getting to know a person. It's really creepy when you're talking to someone about an experience you had and they cut you off and say yeah I saw you talking to someone about it on Facebook. I don't want these people knowing everything about me. And I only put a fraction of what everyone else puts on Facebook.

So I'm going to try my best to distance myself from Facebook. Hopefully this will help me with my procrastination problem. Also, I think I will be a much better blogger as a result. It's so much more personal anyways. I love sharing stories with the two people that read this blog haha and I've got some pretty entertaining stories to tell. So keep reading and I will keep you posted on all the happenings of the Oliver family!

No comments:

Post a Comment